Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace

Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace
This house and property belonged to John Ward, Jr At his death he willed the property to his nephew William Ward

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Dalton Genealogy Eliza Dalton family genealogy

Seal of Pittsylvania County, VirginiaImage via Wikipedia
In the past few days through census records, we have found that Eliza Brumfield my grandmother's mother was a Dalton.  Her name was Eliza C. or K. Dalton.  Her father was Winchester Dalton.  He served in the civil war as a private and her mother was Annie Dalton.

Winchester's father's name was David Dalton.  In 1860, he was still living with his father and his father's wife was Abigail Dalton.  Winchester was 24 in 1860 and his father's wife was 47 so I believe that this is probably his mother.  But when I look at the 1850 census Abigail is 31 and Winchester was 18.  That is really off.  I also know that a Judith was married to a David Dalton in Pittsylvania County, but I don't know when.

I am trying to find some back information and since Pittsylvania County came out of Halifax, I will be looking at these records also.

I found in the book History of Halifax County that Timothy Dalton bought or patented 280 acres on Rocky Creek  March  1747-48  page 35

Page 31 from extracts from Court Records  has Walter Douglas vs. Robert Dalton.

A History of Halifax County, Virginia

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment