Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace

Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace
This house and property belonged to John Ward, Jr At his death he willed the property to his nephew William Ward

Friday, November 18, 2011

The Jefferson Search

I could not believe how time has flown by.  From now on I will be posting some information about this search as often as possible until it is over.
I ordered death certificates for my grandmother and grandfather and I was extremely disappointed in the results.
My grandmother Mae Crawley Bailey has her mother and her father listed as William Crawley and Margaret Bennett, but my grandfather Eros Gray Bailey's death certificate only listed his father Robert L. Bailey.  Does anyone know how to find a birth certificate for someone that was born before 1910 in Virginia.  The Bureau of Vital Statistics in Richmond, Virginia does not carry birth records before 1910.
As I mentioned before I found a census for 1910 for Eros Gray Bailey and 1930 for Eros Gray Bailey.
I also found a census for 1900 for Henrietta and Robert.
I will start with the 1900 census.
Robert Bailey               37
Henrietta Bailey            34
Sylvester Bailey            11
Luela Bailey                  9
Flossie Bailey                7
Minnie Bailey                 5
Hettie Bailey                  3
David E. Bailey              1

1910
Robert L. Bailey           47
Henrietta Bailey            44
Sylvester Bailey             21
Louisa Bailey                19
Mannie Bailey               15
Hettie Bailey                  13
David Bailey                  11
Eros Bailey                    9
Melvin Bailey                 3

Well there seems to be a few discrepancies.  I will have to find out if it is Luela or Louisa.  I am sure that they transcribed Mannie incorrectly.  It should be Minnie.  And where did Flossie go?

The next blog will be finding these people and correcting spelling.


No comments:

Post a Comment