Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace

Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace
This house and property belonged to John Ward, Jr At his death he willed the property to his nephew William Ward

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Our Astound Past March 24

I have been researching different websites today. I researched www.familysearch.org and I traveled down the River Road in Halifax county via the internet. I was looking for the Chiles Plantation that is suppose to be in Halifax County, but I have yet to find it. The Chiles plantation was called Riverview and it was the home of John Ward's wife's(Ann Chiles) brother. She is supposedly buried there. She was not buried at the Mansion house of John Ward. John Ward's second wife, Sarah Clark Lynch is buried at that location. I also checked out the book,"Finding Your Family on the Internet" by Michael Otterson.

No comments:

Post a Comment