Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace

Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace
This house and property belonged to John Ward, Jr At his death he willed the property to his nephew William Ward

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

December 22, 2010 Robert Adams 1680 - 1740

Excerpts from Goochland County, Virginia Deeds, 1741-1745

Copyright 1990
by T.L.C. Genealogy
Deed Book 4 page 2
January 30, 1741, from Thos Hall of Goochland and Martha, his wife, to Humphry Parrish, Jr., for 16 pounds, all that tract of land of about 100 acres in Goochland and on both side of a branch of Licking Hole Creek, and bounded by (trees).  The land was bought by the said Thomas Hall of Robt. Adams deceased.  Signed- Thomas T. Hall, Martha Hall. Witness Henry Martin, David Parish, Thomas Parish.  Recorded June 15, 1742.

(So here is more proof that Robert Adams is deceased.  However, since we have a recorded Will, that has already been proved.)

Deed Book 4 page 118
March 14, 1742, from Matthew Graves and Susannah, his wife, of the Parish of St. James and Goochland, to Henry Martin of Goochland, for 53 pounds 10 shillings, all that tract of land on the branches of Licking Hole Creek, and bounded by William Atkinson, Holland, Frances Cooley.  The same was granted to Robert Adams, deceased, by patent dated August 25, 1731, and left by his will unto his daughter Susanah, the wife of the above said Matthew Graves, signed - Mathew Graves, Susanah Graves.  Witness Robert Addams, Charles Moorman Jr. James Graves.  Recorded March 15, 1742.

(So Susanah is still living in 1742 and her husband is Mathew Graves.)

Deed Book 4 page 248
October 18, 1743, from John Graves Jr. and Lucy, his wife, of Goochland, for divers good causes and for 30 pounds, a certain tract of land of about 350 acres on the north side of James River on the branches of Tuckahoe Creek, and bounded by said Sanders, Dover Mill Creek, which Robert Adams laid off to Mark Lively, joining to Matthew Collins, upper corner on Woodson's line, John Simpkin, Chas Johnson,   Mark Lively's line, Robert Caughton. Signed - John Graves Jr., Lucy Graves. Witness - John Curd, William Murrell, Robert Williamson.
The above deed is for land left by Robert Adams deceased to his daughter, Lucy, as by the will of the said Robt. Adams deceased.
Recorded:  October 18, 1743.

(Lucy's husband is John Graves)

Deed Book 4 page 253
October 18, 1743  from John Graves Jr and Lucy, his wife, of Goochland, to Phillip Webber of Goochland, for 25 pounds, a certain tract of land on the east side of Dover Mill Creek in Goochland, about 200 acres, and bounded by John Sanders, Woodson, the main road, Farrar, Robert Cauthorn.  Signed - John Graves, Jr., Lucy Graves.  Witness.  Robert Williamson, William Murrell, John Curd.  The within deed is for land left by Robert Adams deceased to his daugher Lucy by his will.
Recorded:  October 18, 1743.

(The will is on my blog of December 20th.  The original acreage devised to Lucy was 550 acres.)

This is my last blog before the Christmas Holidays.  I want to thank anyone that has dropped by to look at the information that I found.  Anyone that has helped me in finding the records and graves, I thank you.  I especially want to thank the two families that lived near the John Ward Gravesite and showed us where it was located.  Without their help I would have never found it.

I would also like to thank my wonderful husband who has encouraged me and assisted in so many ways that I will never be able to return the favor if I lived to be 200.  He is my dearest friend and I love him very much.

I would also like to thank my Mother and My Aunt Judy.  Their information and their help in finding the grave sites have been invaluable.  They also made trips for me to Pittsylvania County Circuit Court and their stories that have been passed down from their family continue to keep our family ancestors alive in our heart.

My Mama and my husband and me.

My Aunt Judy and me.  Grave Hunters Extraordinaire.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment