Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace

Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace
This house and property belonged to John Ward, Jr At his death he willed the property to his nephew William Ward

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dove Family Genealogy

Sometimes we don't realize how time flies by.  I couldn't believe it when I realized that I had let a week go by without writing anything.  I haven't done that in quite a while.  However, I did make a short visit to the Tennessee State Archives so I wasn't totally neglecting my relatives even if they are passed caring.

I looked in the book Pittsylvania Marriages from 1767 until 1850 and found that James Dove and Almira Murphy were married on May 30, 1840.  She was the daughter of Stephen Murphy.  Surety: Joseph Barber and they were married by Joel T. Adams.

Now so what you say, but this has so much information.  First of all, they were married by Joel T. Adams.  He was a baptist preacher.  His father was Robert Adams and his mother was Mary Terrell Adams.  One of his brothers was John Lynch Adams.  Now if you have been reading my other posts, you will know that John Lynch Adams was married to Martha Walden.. They had a daughter by the name of Elizabeth Mumford Adams.  She married William Ward.  They had four children of which one was by the name of Cornelia who married Littleton Walden and then George Dove.  Joel T. Adams was Cornelia Ward's great uncle. So James Dove and Almira Murphy were married by Joel T. Adams.  Later their son would marry his great niece.

Surety was by Joseph Baber and if I can find proof this Joseph Baber was probably her uncle.  Lucy Baber was possibly the daughter of William Baber and Candace Walden.


The Civil War in Loudoun County, Virginia: A History of Hard Times
History and Comprehensive Description of Loudoun County, Virginia
History and comprehensive description of Loudoun County Virginia


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment