Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace

Rose Dove Dalton and Albert Lee Dalton Homeplace
This house and property belonged to John Ward, Jr At his death he willed the property to his nephew William Ward

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19, 2010 Grave Matters



On occasion I will be posting graves that I have found on my travels. I will be calling this segment of my genealogy blog "Grave Matters".  I found the above graves on the Nachez Trace between milepost 426 and the Old Trace Marker going North on the Nachez Trace towards Nashville on the right hand side of the road
There were four graves.  I have included a picture of the monuments and the gravesite.  The top left hand grave marker (Ezekial T. Davis  Feb. 2, 1904, Sept. 3, 1923) top right grave marker (mother Carrie V. Davis June 1, 1881    19___)   bottom left hand grave marker (W.E. Davis   July 31, 1870    Sept. 6, 1938)
bottom right hand marker (Mrs. L. J. Burns  Dec. 13, 1839  August 31, 1919).

I hope this helps someone in their genealogy search.  As I have said before in my tips section of my genealogy blog, a cemetery can be very helpful in clearing up information for your families genealogy.Virginia Cemeteries: A Guide to Resources
Posted by Picasa
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment